Celebrate 50 years of business and pleasure
The Home & Gift show organisers have pulled out all the stops to celebrate half a century of retail buying for homewares, gift and greetings at the iconic trade event held in the beautiful spa-town of Harrogate.
The social calendar is literally buzzing with engagements, with show organsiers Clarion Events expecting thousands of visitors and retail buyers from Sunday through to Wednesday.
Visitors can look forward to:
• A free Sunday Sundowners show cocktail, specially blended with vodka, schnapps, Malibu and orange at the Harrogate night on Sunday in the grounds of the Majestic.
• A slice of the specially commissioned anniversary cake from Betty’s tearooms - the biggest they’ve ever made, at the Home & Gift Birthday Party at Revolution Bar on Tuesday night.
• An organic farmers market offering locally sourced, good quality food.
• Discounts at a number of local restaurants on production of your event badge.
• Plus plenty of giveaways at the visitor’s party.
Show manager, Nick Coffey said: “Very few shows have made it to 50 years and moreover it demonstrates how important this show is to the industry. This is a major achievement that we are very proud of. It’s the show that retailers rely on for their business success.”
The show that kicks starts the second season on the retail buying calender will showcase an authentic mix of product and plenty of new lines capturing the latest in innovation, quality and design trends.
It is a significant undertaking having taken six weeks and 200 contractors to build the stands. In addition there’s been production of 300 directional signs, dressing of 17 halls, with 900 brands on display and 1200 sqm of retail floor space to cover.
Over the 50 years the show has evolved immensely. It has not been without trials and tribulations, surviving both two floods and two fires. Under Clarion events stewardship has expanded into the Majestic and Cairn hotels making this trade show the biggest annual trade event in Harrogate.